Sometimes you just need some advice. Whether it is policy guidance, strategic planning or program design, Capital Access has the housing and community development program and grant management expertise to help. We analyze-and-advise and implement through our Subject Matter Experts as well as offer training, coaching and staff augmentation.
GRANTS MANAGEMENT CONSULTING
In addition to program and grant management planning, strategy and design, Capital Access aids in the four managements vital to HUD policy. We cover project, underwriting, compliance, and financial management where we serve as subject matter experts, process facilitators, and guides.
Capital Access will help you and your staff achieve mastery in the “Four Managements” of HUD Grants Management.
Since 2000 Capital Access has served as a HUD Technical Assistance Provider where we have developed expertise in CDBG, CDBG-Disaster Recovery and Mitigation, CDBG-Covid, HOME, ESG and HUD 108 funding programs. HUD deploys Capital Access to assist HUD grantees and their subrecipient partners with improving the performance and impact of housing, community, and economic development as well as public services and public facilities programs.
Capital Access provides HUD TA in, but not limited to:
- Consolidated and Annual Action Plans
- Program Design and Policies and Procedure Guides
- Application and Underwriting Templates
- Environmental Review related requirements
- New Section 3 Final Rule
- Procurement standards and contracting regulations
- HUD IDIS and DRGR systems for compliance, financial management and reporting
- Written Agreements
- Compliance and Financial Management Strategies, Systems and Templates
Please go to https://www.hudexchange.info/program-support/technical-assistance/ for information on how to apply for HUD TA. Please note HUD has sole decision-making authority on HUD TA decisions and which provider is the best fit for a TA assignment.
Over the past five years we have worked with over 36 CDBG-DR and MIT grantees requiring technical assistance and direct support in building capacity, developing tools and systems, and procuring services in support of the launch of their CDBG-DR and MIT programs. We are ready to:
- Conduct needs and damage assessments
- Assist with program design
- Develop action plans and implementation plans that satisfy HUD requirements
- Design acquisition and buyout, economic development, business assistance, housing repair or reconstruction, and infrastructure improvement programs
- Develop process maps, policies and procedures, document templates, and related systems
- Provide operations management services, especially for intake and eligibility, grant agreement processing, applicant issue resolution, and quality control
- Customize program management information and reporting systems
- Serve as liaison and problem-solver with HUD
- Manage program and contract closeout per HUD compliance regulations
The rental application tool is so fantastic, that we are already adapting it for use with our CDBG project applications!!! It will make our job evaluating applications (HOME or CDBG) so much easier and makes it so easy to document the capacity of the agency applying and the eligibility of the project.
— Cheryl Amey, Community Services Director, Marion County, FL
DIRECT PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
Direct Assistance Programs deliver services such as home improvement, rent, down payment, buyout, public services and/or small business assistance.
As Stewards of public and private funds, Capital Access provides a “Service with a System” approach whereby we deploy our program management and processing staff and customize the CAPGEMS platform to optimize performance, compliance, and reporting.
Read more about our impact in our case studies.
CAPGEMS is a Service with a System that combines our web-based program management system of record with our deep bench of case management, quality control and customer service staff. We deploy our staff to make the application, verification and payments processes as dignified and expedient as possible.
CAPGEMS can help enhance the organization, administration and production of housing, community and economic development programs in an efficient, safe and sound manner at an affordable price. CAPGEMS offers:
- Tools for HUD Grants Administration and Project Management
- Customized Application and Verification Review Templates
- Web-Based Digital File Cabinet –Monitoring-and Audit-Ready
- Milestone-Driven Project Processing Services
- Grant Agreement Generation
- Payments Processing
- Production and Expenditure Reporting
- Ongoing Expert Staff Support to help solve problems and keep projects moving forward
Please contact us for a CAPGEMS demonstration.
Neighborhoods are Infrastructure. For many low-income homeowners the housing stock is aging and in need of modernization and preservation. Low volume home repair programs struggle to realize impact and sustain quality contractors.
To address this challenge Capital Access launched CAPGEMS Home Improvements which is a larger scale coordinated approach to:
- Improve the health and wealth of lower income homeowners,
- Preserve and modernize the homeowner-occupied housing stock at scale,
- Cultivate a new generation of local construction contractors and labor, and
- Integrate renewable energy and battery storage for low- and moderate-income communities.
Our process starts with serving the homeowners with case management and consulting.
- ANALYZE & ADVISE.
Improve financial health and wealth by addressing credit and title issues and provide budget counseling services
We take the guesswork out of home inspection, construction scope of work, funder requirements, construction process, and getting homes ready for major improvements
Explore options to help reach 36% Housing + Utilities / Income Home Affordability Ratio
- TRAIN & SUSTAIN.
Provide training for operations and maintenance of new home systems, such as solar and battery storage systems
CAPGEMS Home Improvement combines seasoned staff with the Capital Access Project and Grants Expenditure Management System (CAPGEMS) to achieve impact and flow to operate multiple home improvement projects at scale in targeted areas.